Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cake Techniques w/ Colette Peters

I took my very first cake decorating class today! Lots of fun :) It was a techniques class working with fondant. I've seen a lot of these techniques online and have practiced it a little bit on my own, but it was nice to have the work space and ability to work with fondant in a larger quantity. The class was also taught by Colette Peters of Colette's Cakes. She's been on the food network and stuff. I bought a copy of her newest book and she signed it :) Here is my "dummy cake" and the techniques we did...

Skills covered: marbling fondant, covering a cake, inlaying, basic roses, rope borders. We also learned some draping and quilting but I did not do that on my cake :)



The white "blob" is supposed to be a cloud lol... I was doing a flower/garden and sky theme

Practicing "inlaying" as well as applying cut out fondant flowers

Practicing basic roses w/ fondant

I also got her to sign her cook book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment