Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wedding Cake Inspiration

Been awhile since I've blogged. It's been a busy summer with weddings, vacation and work. So I decided to blog about the upcoming wedding cake I am working on for the end of the month.

I'm getting excited to start working on my friend's wedding cake. Her soon to be husband is Indian and they will be having both the traditional Indian ceremony and a modern one the same day. I will be making the cake for the reception. Here are some of the inspiration ideas I have been gathering the past few months.


One of the main inspirations of the overall wedding is the Alpana she designed. She also designed the invitation for our other friend's baby shower back in May. The Alpana design was used on the invitations and will be incorporated at the wedding. I learned that the Alpana is an important symbol in Bengali events such as weddings.


The flowers that will be used in the wedding are red roses and purple hydrangeas. I think I'm feeling fresh flowers on to be incorporated on the cake :)


And here are some cakes that have caught my eye along the way...

Cake Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

We have an idea sketched out... but you will just have to wait and see! ~Cara Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment