Sunday, August 30, 2009

The last days of summer...


What a perfect way to end the summer at a wine festival. Headed to the Linganore Winery for the day
. They're known for their Berry Wines - if you like sweet wines, you will like it here. Each month in the summer they have a music wine festival - this month is was Blues. Kelly Bell Band was awesome! I don't care much for blues, but they make it fun and mix it up. I don't even really drink wine anymore, but it was a perfect day for a picnic with friends and good music.

For food, we all brought a little something to share. I'm tired of regular old sandwiches, so I made an Asian Chicken Salad. I added some ginger powder to the dressing. I also added shredded carrots and edamame. I plated them on 10 small paper plates so they would be ready for the picnic with the dressing on the side :) Aaron said it was one of my best salads I've made! For dessert, I had all that mexican chocolate left over so I made Mexican chocolate brownies :) I always need something sweet. I'm actually eating another one as I write this! I'm already planning to eat one with ice cream for dessert tomorrow night.

The day was beautiful! Could not have asked for a better day of weather. We just relaxed and hung out. My mom was there volunteering pouring wine which my friends enjoyed ;-)

I have one more summer "vacation" planned this coming weekend. Heading down to VA Beach to run in the Rockin Roll Half Marathon! Wish me luck! I don't think I will do much baking this week with classes starting also... but until next time .... Cara Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment