Friday, October 15, 2010

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

So last night one of my closest friends invited me over for dinner. I was excited because she said she was ordering Indian food and she had exciting news. I had been raving to her all week about these pumpkin cupcakes I had made the other day and I wanted to bring over something (I hate going to people's houses empty handed). Since she is vegetarian, I decided to whip together some vegan pumpkin muffins. I'm amazed how nice and light these came out! Perfect for fall :)
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

(adapted from Food.com)

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or from a can)
  • 1/2 cup soymilk (I had vanilla soy milk)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I actually used canola oil)
  • 2 tablespoons molasses (I subbed regular syrup since I had no molasses)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Grease muffin tins with vegetable shortening or spray on oil. (I used liners)
  3. Sift together dry ingredients.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (pumpkin through molasses).
  5. Pour wet into dry and combine.
  6. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way.
  7. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  8. Enjoy!
Oh I forgot to tell you the wonderful news: my friend asked me to be in her wedding! I'm so excited!!! I'm so pumped to be apart of Ash & Andrew 2011 ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm gonna try this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really impressed with how well these turned out, especially since I'm not a vegetarian ;-) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin muffins, but I never thought of vegan ones.... I MUST TRY THIS RECIPE.... thanks

    ReplyDelete