Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
(adapted from Food.com)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or from a can)
- 1/2 cup soymilk (I had vanilla soy milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I actually used canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons molasses (I subbed regular syrup since I had no molasses)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins with vegetable shortening or spray on oil. (I used liners)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (pumpkin through molasses).
- Pour wet into dry and combine.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.