Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Favorite Cookies

My absolute favorite cookies in the world are oatmeal chocolate chip. Sometimes when I need my fix I get the $1 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from Potbelly's. Just recently I found these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with pecans from Elevation Burger which are made with organic eggs and butter. Loved the pecans in there! So I decided to make my own cookies this week. One of my last attempts was not so successful.... but I think I have found my "go to" recipe for now! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Coconut and Pecans
Recipe Modified from All Recipes
Makes about 30 mini cookies


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flaked coconut


Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350
.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla. In separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Gently mix in the quick oats, pecans, coconut and chocolate chips. (Important not to over mix cookie dough). Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto un-greased baking sheets. (I used a small cookie scoop).

3. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk :)


For the rest of the week I have to prepare a cake and cupcakes for my BF's neice's birthday. Tinkerbell... so extra girly :) Happy hump day and have a good week! ~Cara Lee

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just made some for Christmas using the recipe under the Quaker Oats Cap... instead of raisins I used choc chips... EVERYONE loved them ( i made a post about them)... that is def an oatmeal choc chip recipe i highly recommend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if that recipe under the top was any good :) Thanks for the heads up Nik!

    ReplyDelete