Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blue and Orange

My friend Ashley ordered some cupcakes for her friend's birthday. She was having a bowling party and her bowling ball is orange and blue. I didn't go all out with the bowling theme but stuck more with the colors instead. I topped the cupcakes off with the letters to spell out "Happy Birthday Amanda" and cut out some fondant bowling balls and pins. I also had an extra 6 inch cake left over that I decorated to match the cupcakes. I topped it off with fun swirl roses.

The Cupcakes:
~Red Velvet w/ cream cheese frosting
~Vanilla Bean
~Mango Citrus (a citrus zest cake with mango curd filling and mango butter cream frosting)



The Cake: Almond cake w/ a vanilla raspberry mouse. Covered with traditional buttercream and topped with homemade rolled fondant. The flowers and leaves are also fondant.

1 comment: