Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wilton Finale Cake (course 4)

So my friend's mom and I took the Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste course at our local craft store this month. I have not taken any of the other courses yet - I guess I'm doing them backwards lol. Since I like to be different I decided on my own design that's not in the book. I decided on a zebra cake with the fantasy flowers. Also, I made my own fondant for this cake and it came out soooo much better than last time :) Homemade fondant just tastes better than the store bought stuff. As for the flowers - they are all gum paste. Hope you enjoy!

My sketch

I don't always sketch my ideas because 1) I cant draw very well and 2) I never have time lol

THE CAKE


(In the class you learn the carnation and the daisy. I modified the daisy to make a lotus/water lily)

Update 1/29/09
Here is the aftermath of the cake when we sacrificed it at work tonight LOL



2 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME Cara! You found the class useful? I've wanted to take these classes for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! for a beginner the class is very helpeful... i already knew the basics of alot just form teaching myself though :)

    ReplyDelete