Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cupcakes for Haiti


As you all know the earthquake disaster in Haiti has just been unbelievable! It's been hard to hear the news each day. You can't just sit around and do nothing. It defiantly brings to memory the tsunami disaster a few years back - I can remember where I was when I heard about it. Well at work, a co-worker and I were talking about Haiti. She has family there and we wanted to do something to help. We decided to sell cupcakes - all 100% of the proceeds we make are going to relief in Haiti. The restaurant we work at is letting us sell them on the menu, and we sold out last night! Hoping to do the same tonight and all day tomorrow :) We are donating all proceeds to YELE Haiti - it's an organization started by Wyclef Jean in 2005.

I'm featuring flavors all weekend that include: peanut butter cup, chocolate strawberry, toasted coconut, vanilla mango, and chocolate stout! All topped off with a Haitian Flag topper (all hand made by me too lol) I will update this post with pictures of the cupcakes ASAP.

What people are saying about my cupcakes:

Haha... I was so flattered when I got this comment last night!! Georgetown is my favorite cupcakery here in the DC area :)
So THANK YOU!! And thanks everyone who has donated their support for Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment