Monday, November 2, 2009

My first tiered cake!

I just realized I never posted pics of the superhero cake I made for my boss's son. It took me a lot longer than I had expected, but it was all a learning experience. In the end I was very happy with the result :) Hey - not bad for not ever taking a cake class yet!

Bottom: Batman; Yellow cake w/ vanilla filling and vanilla buttercream.
Middle: Hulk; Red velvet w/ cream cheese filling and white chocolate buttercream.
Top: Spiderman; Chocolate w/ oreo filling and vanilla buttercream.
*Figures are action figures I bought. Batman symbols cut out with fondant.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am an amateur too with no cake classes. This year my son is having a superhero party. What color food coloring did you use for thethe yellow, green and blue?

    ReplyDelete