Friday, July 23, 2010

Cannoli Cupcake


I saw a really yummy cannoli cupcake on the Cupcakes Take the Cake blog the other day and got inspired to make my own. I got the ricotta cheese and everything - I planned to make a cannoli filling and hope it would be a good consistency to pipe on a cupcake. Hmmm... yea....that didn't work out! I got riccota filling soup :( Thinking on my toes, I just made a creamcheese frosting with the same flavorings instead.

I ened up with the "Cannoli" Cupcake - almond orange zest cake, dipped in Grand Mariner chocolate ganache, topped with Grand Marnier orange zest cream cheese frosting, and sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Scrumptious!! And the boy agrees ;-) *You could add the citron pieces or even pistachios to make it more authentic.

Well for the rest of the weekend I will be woorking on the birthday cake for my two younger cousins :) Have a good one!!

2 comments:

  1. wow!! soo cool and inventive!! cara, you are so awesome!!!!

    xoxoxo kate :)
    www.transatlanticsketches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am ...JK ;-) Thanks Kate! Hows the cupcake scene in Sweden?

    ReplyDelete