I [ heart ] breakfast! I eat it every morning. Today I made these summery lemon blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Even though it's not a traditional cake, it has cake in the name and I don't discriminate here! haha... who knows I may even put a muffin on this blog ;-)
I used this basic recipe and kicked it up a notch. These pancakes are pretty simple and I use it often. The texture reminds me of a Bisquick pancake, but I grew up on Bisquick so I like them and you can kind of mess around with the recipe and add things in.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash of vanilla
- Mix ins: chocolate chips, bananas, peanut butter chips, nutella... the list goes on. Today I added fresh lemon zest, lemon juice and fresh blueberries.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Then add your mix in if you want.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake (I like mini pancakes so I use a 1/8 cup for each). Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Garnish with a little powdered sugar and lemon rind zest.