Friday, August 13, 2010

Semi-Homemade Gluten Free Cupcakes

One of my co-workers is possibly leaving us :( I won't see her on her last day, so I decided to make her a batch of my cupcakes today. I've been promising so I figured better late then never - especially if she's leaving soon!

(pic source)
She is a celiac and I've been wanting to make GF cupcakes for awhile now. I pulled a "semi-homemade" move and bought the new Better Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix. I bought the vanilla mix but kicked it up a notch. Flavors: orange zest cupcakes with grand mariner frosting topped with mini chocolate chips and then the other half key lime coconut.
Result: everyone loved them! Even people who aren't gluten free :) But most importantly my co-worker loved them. Baking GF can get pricey and buying this mix is not only cost effective, but really good. I'm impressed - Go Betty!!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I wanna try my hands at gluten-free baked good. Thanks for making me aware that Betty Crocker has a boxed version. I can try that first before I go and sign up for a gluten-free baking course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki - this is a great way to start :) The mix is really good and its basically all the dry ingredients measured out for you.

    ReplyDelete