Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday FUNday

I had a break from cakes/cupcakes this weekend. I did throw together some Chocolate Stout cupcakes for a BBQ though :) As for the rest of the weekend Saturday me and a few friends took a sushi making class at CulinAerie. Pretty informative and I have since perfected my sushi rolling! Sunday my BF and I set out to find new food we have never tried before. We stumbled upon an Ethiopian restaurant and decided to try it out. I've been wanting it for awhile, but I've always been kind of intimidated because I have NO idea what to order. So tonight we just went in and let the waitress tell us what to get :) It was very tasty and a fun experience (you eat with your hands!)
For dessert I was not planning on getting cupcakes, but we were walking around Georgetown and stumbled upon Baked & Wired, which I have been wanting to try for awhile. I figured I didn't know when the next time I would be in G-town anytime soon, so I went ahead and just got some cupcakes (you can never do too much
research right?!). My BF got the German chocolate - he loves coconut and I convinced him to try something different but has coconut too. I picked out the Lemon Blueberry - I felt like something lighter and refreshing :)I have to say... I think I found a new favorite cupcake place! (Sorry Gtown cupcakes!) I love the vibe when you walk in tp B&W and the cupcakes and coffee were delish! I will try their other baked goods next time I'm down there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment