Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard Round 2

So we are once again snowed in here in the DC area. I'm running out of things to do! I think I am going to make some more fondant cut outs later for another event this weekend. But anywho... I woke up this morning with a craving for cinnamon rolls!! If I was smart I would have made the dough last night... but since I'm snowed in I have plenty of time!! Took about 2 hours to prep them - including the time for the dough to rise.

But they came out pretty darn good!! I used this recipe, supposedly the "Cinnabon" recipe. Came out a bit more dense then I wanted, doesn't remind me of Cinnabon, but still VERY good! I made them minis - cuz I always feel like I can eat more of something when its in a small form lol. I topped them with a homemade cream cheese frosting. I also made a pan with chopped pecans and an orange glaze (my BF's dad hates cream cheese WTH?!)

I know this isn't a cake or cupcake post, but I was kinda influenced to make these becuase I read on another blog about cinnamon rolls cupcakes! Guess ya gotta get the roll down before ya put it in cupcake form right??

No comments:

Post a Comment